Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Webb Supporters attacks on Mrs. Allen beyond the pale.

As I've been suggesting, since I didn't know it for sure until now, Allen's reticence at discussing his mother's heritage was NOT about any bizarre claim of "shame", but because the issue is painful to her.

I've oftened wondered why, if so many people wanted to know about Allen's mother's "racism", or whether she was a jew, why didn't they just ask her? Why be cowardly and ask HIM about her? And why didn't he tell them to ask her?

Well, now he has had to reveal a very private thought, just because the Webbies have no shame, and think nothing of attacking a person's family for their own political pleasure. Shame on you all, and you know who you are.

It was clear Allen was not embarrased by his heritage. It is disgusting that he has to explain himself to people who actually could care LESS about the answer, but who just want to bring him pain and suffering, and hope to derail his campaign so their own candidate can squeak by.

Also, I was right that he had no idea about the connection to a jewish family until it was brought to his attention. But now with his mother's blessing, he is talking about it -- but he shouldn't have had to.

He certainly doesn't sound like a man "embarrased" by having some jewish history. Do the Webbies think he SHOULD be embarrassed, and maybe are projecting?

Here is Allen's official response to those who think they have a right to know everything about his mother's life:

Statement from Senator George Allen

ARLINGTON, VA – U.S. Senator George Allen released the following statement this afternoon:

“Yesterday, I found it especially reprehensible that a reporter would impugn the attitudes of my mother, as Ms. Peggy Fox did in her first question at the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce Senate debate. My mother and father both taught me to abhor bigotry, and Ms. Fox’s suggestion to the contrary was deeply offensive.“

The notion peddled by the Webb campaign that I am somehow embarrassed by my heritage is equally offensive, and also absurd.

“I was raised as a Christian and my mother was raised as a Christian. And I embrace and take great pride in every aspect of my diverse heritage, including my Lumbroso family line’s Jewish heritage, which I learned about from a recent magazine article and my mother confirmed.

“On several occasions through the years, I have mentioned publicly that my mother's father was incarcerated by the Nazis. I have never known whether he was persecuted by the Nazis because of his nationality, his religious faith, his role as a community leader, or his part in the anti-Nazi resistance.“

What I do know is that my grandfather’s imprisonment by the Nazis had a profound impact on my mother. It was a subject she found painful to discuss and so we almost never discussed it.

“Some may find it odd that I have not probed deeply into the details of my family history, but it’s a fact. We in the Allen household were simply taught that what matters is a person’s character, integrity, effort, and performance – not race, gender, ethnicity or religion. And so whenever we would ask my mother through the years about our family background on her side, the answer always was, ‘Who cares about that?’

“My mother has lived a long and full life, and I hope and pray she will enjoy many more years. She deserves respect and she also deserves privacy, especially where painful memories are concerned. I sincerely hope that simple decency will be respected.”


Unfortunately, Senator Allen, your opponents don't seem to know the meaning of "simple decency".

I call on James Webb to apologize publicly for the part his paid bloggers have played in this offensive attack on Allen's mother. It's time Webb stood up for something, anything, beside "I hate Bush". Be the man your supporters claim you are, Mr. Webb, and get rid of that punk Lowell Feld, who has no place in civilized discourse.

Shame, Shame, Shame.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allen seems to have no problem espousing his love of Confederate flags and his Southeren heritage. He boldly professes his Christian faith. But, when he calls a dark-skinned man "Macaca", which is French for "nigger", he claims he "just made it up". Allen speaks French and his mother is a French-speaking Algerian. This is what brought his heritage into the discussion. It is a matter of trying to determine if he is being truthful, when the facts lead elsewhere.

He talked about his grandfather being in a concentration camp during WWII, but has no idea he was Jewish??? Sounds more like "I didn't inhale." The concept of being 1/4 Jewish obviously seems offensive to Allen, or more likely, to his base of white Southern Christians, who may now wonder about his strong support for the war in Iraq. Do he and Joe Lieberman care more for the Jews in Israel than they do for our soldiers dying in Iraq, an enemy of Israel that was no threat to the US?

Anonymous said...

As a republican who voted for Allen, I find it unbelievable that "Felix" can be so cavalier about being Jewish.
While he rides his horse "Bubba" around the state with his cowboy boots and chews tobacoo, can't everyone now see he is the biggest phoney in Washington?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I ride a horse, sometimes chew, but I served 22 years in the United States Air Force and no one can accuse me of being a racist like the Webb boys. As they say, where there's smoke there's fire. Anytime you hear the democrats accuse someone else of racism it is a cover for the fact that they are racist.
The Confederate Flag is a part of my hertiage and a part of "American" history. The slime ball democrats can try to rewrite history but it won't work. Are you sure 'Macaca' is the French work for 'nigger'? You use both works rather loosely and I've yet to meet anyone that knew what the word refered to except the left leaning news reporters so i'm still not sure, it wouldn't be the first lie told by the democrats and their news (sic) pals.
Roy/Retired military/Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
What do you anonymous democratic fools do to help the average american other than lie to them about help they never get? People are smarter than you think and they are changing their votes daily, seen any polls lately?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I forgot. If you are a living breathing human you are also decended from a 'Jew'. You can pretend to be decended from a monkey if you want. More and more people think the democrats act like retarded monkeys. Roy

Anonymous said...

Roy,

The Confederate Flag is a part of American History, because it is just that History. The Union mopped the floor with those brain dead hicks, but they obviously didn't get your granddaddy... too bad.