Monday, April 03, 2006

10 second movie review

Oh, who am I kidding. I couldn't spend 10 seconds explaining how I bought my ticket, much less on an entire movie review.

Anyway, the kids and I went to see "The Shaggy Dog" at the Manassas Cinemas over on Mathis avenue last Friday.

Once I got over the concept of spontaneous molecular and physiological transformation, this was a really good movie, with some great laughs. It was certainly appropriate for the entire family.

It had all the politically-correct themes. Evil drug company, good but misunderstood animal rights activists, a clueless father putting his work above his family, a boy forced to play football when he wants to do drama, etc..

But I don't really care about politics when I see a good comedy. And this was a good comedy. It got the audience involved (at one point a good number cheered an event on screen, always a good sign).

After the movie, we popped over to Nathan's for some ice cream cones, as the weather was quite warm and we were hungry, having eschewed the popcorn because the lines were long (as this was the opening weekend for Ice Age 2).

If you've never been to Nathan's, I urge you to check it out. It's on Mathis right next to the miniature golf course.

I wish I could figure out how to get paid for all these company plugs.....

No comments: