Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A post from DailyKos about President's Trip to Iraq

DailyKos got a lot of free media this past week, including a fauning set of articles in the Washington Post. A common theme was that they "Kosacks" couldn't understand why they didn't get more respect, given their power and superiority.

Well, I think posts like this are one reason they have a little trouble being taken seriously (well, that and the fact that they are currently 0-20 in getting their endorsed candidates elected).

"Bush Flees for Iraq (1+ / 1-)
Recommended by:ZappoDave
Trollrated by:Wisper

I don't think I've ever seen such a look of misery and dejection on the face of my daughter as I just did a moment ago. She just couldn't understand why the President would be going to Iraq when so many things are wrong in this country. "Doesn’t Mr. Bush care about us anymore?" she asked pitifully.

I sat down with her on the sofa and (as calmly as I could) tried to explain to her why the President seems to be abandoning his country. "Honey, I think his boss, Mr. Rove, sent Mr. Bush out of the country in order to keep himself out of the newspapers. You see, he wasn’t sure if he was going to be arrested today or not, and so he planned Mr. Bush’s trip ahead of time just in case...”

I tried to keep my voice steady, but it became increasingly difficult - the rage and feelings of helplessness were just too much. I think my daughter could tell something was wrong. I found myself at such a loss for words - nothing made any sense; nothing makes sense anymore. I finally had to admit, "Honey, I just don't know - I don't know what's going on in this country anymore..."

When I finished her lower lip started to tremble and her eyes began to fill with tears, "Daddy" she said, "why are the Republicans doing this to the country?" Well, that was it for me: I finally fell apart. She just fell into my arms and we both began sobbing for several minutes.

For once she had to comfort me and get me back on my feet. Sometimes I just think it's too much, but seeing the strength in my young daughter's voice helped me to get through."


It is hard to imagine how ANY President could "reach out and unite" people like this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny on two levels, as the poster apparently is a jokester who's been taking the kossacks for a ride. If you haven't already seen it yet, check out Allah's post on Hot Air:

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/13/truthout-finally-responds-we-have-put-our-cards-on-the-table/

Anonymous said...

Man, that was hysterical, hysterically funny. The post has to be an effort at satire, at least I hope it is. Although I think that the trip was a bit of a stunt myself... bloody great stunt. Carl Rove, Evil Genius.

Anonymous said...

Much more, here:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/181519.php

Charles said...

National Review also picked this up, and yes, it is likely this guy is really a plant making fun of the DK people.

But he has an OK troll rating....