Sunday, June 08, 2008

Speak foolishly while carrying a big stick?

Obama gives a different take on the phrase "Speak Softly, and carry a big stick"




"If members of Congress don't pass my health care bill - I'll whoop 'em, I'll whoop 'em. That's right, you better not mess with me, and I'll have that stick."

If Obama was a typical white person, like his Grandmother, and Congress was a largely black body, this would be a very racist statement.

As it is, given that the Democrats are in the majority in both the House and Senate, and have governed the country for over a year now, and are likely to continue to do so unless people wise up, I wonder how Pelosi and Reid feel about Obama threatening to come down and beat them up if they don't give him what he wants?

I imagine they aren't too scared -- I don't see Obama getting his way in the Senate now (where he actually pretends to work and could introduce and pass his legislation).

No comments: