Thursday, December 07, 2006

Surrender Monkeys, or the Iraq Surrender Group

I may write about this next week in my column, and I might express some opinions here soon, but for now, I'll just say that this picture of the front page of today's New York Post quite well sums up my opinion of the pathetic Iraq Study Group report:



Here are some links to good reports and commentary about the report. I had hoped this group would take their task seriously and work hard to find some real help for our country, but I see my hope was hopelessly misplaced, and the ISG really fell down on the job for which they were well-compensated.

Anyway, here's some links:

Captain Obvious to the Rescue

Must Study Harder

The Counsel of Cowards

And, my favorite, from a sheer snarkiness perspective: Paris' Peace Plan, with this comment:

The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue.

After all, only genius approaching the level of Paris could have written this sentence: "The Support Group should consist of Iraq and all the states bordering Iraq . . . and, of course, Iraq itself."

Yes, that's some Support Group, what with Iraq and Iraq in it together to support, um, Iraq.

No comments: