Saturday, February 17, 2007

John Murtha, "Supporting the Troops"

From the Washington Times, the Democrat who Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi held worthy of majority whip, and who chairs the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense:

Mr. Murtha, who chairs the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense, explained that by placing conditions on $93.4 billion in new combat funds, he would make be able to effectively stop the troops in their tracks. "They won't be able to continue. They won't be able to do the deployment. They won't have the equipment, they don't have the training and they won't be able to do the work. There's no question in my mind," Mr. Murtha said.


What term do we use for someone who seeks to stop our troops in their tracks, ensuring they can't do their work?

I believe that is what we call "the enemy".

What do we call an American who seeks to undermine an authorized, legal operation of our troops, to prevent them from continuing, to deny them trainging, to take their equipment so our country fails in it's mission?

I believe the term for that is "traitor".

It is unfortunate that my own Congressman, Tom Davis, voted WITH this man on the non-binding resolution undermining our troops, emboldening our enemies, and most certainly putting lives at risk. I announce my opposition to Congressman Tom Davis in the 2008 election. If I must, I will resign my position on the Prince William County republican committee -- but first I will provide support and money to the best candidate who challenges this sellout in the 2008 primary.

No comments: