Monday, November 26, 2007

Party Purity

(I've taken the month off of blogging in a vain attempt to write a 50,000-word novel for NANOWRIMO. I break my silence for this brief comment).

With no disrespect intended to anybody who feels differently, and my apologies to those who I consider my friends and allies,

If you intend to enforce party discipline and the rules, you should start with someone for whom you have proof of rule-breaking.

Absent any indication otherwise, I intend to vote yes.

If you know what I'm talking about, you know what I mean. If you don't, this message is not for you.

My daughter is 20,000+ words ahead of me. Back to work.

1 comment:

James Young said...

At least one individual cited chapter and verse. That should be sufficient. It's one thing to avail one's self of internal party processes for appeal; it's another entirely to publicly attack the process. The former constitutes an effort to right a perceived wrong; the latter is nothing more than an attempt to harm the process and the victor it produces.

This is Virginia. Honor still means something.